Creative Writing Club for Kids – with Tolulope Popoola, Author and Writing Coach
We are giving young aspiring authors a chance to start writing and honing their craft early. If you have a budding writer living with you, or you want to encourage a young person to explore and improve their writing skills, then this will be of great interest to you!
Writing is a skill that everyone, young or old needs. Written communication is a very important part of learning, and creativity is a lifelong attribute of successful people. Young scholars will greatly benefit from taking part in this creative writing club. They will gain confidence in their own creative abilities, be able to brainstorm different ideas on various topics, improve their spelling, grammar and punctuation, and become creators of their own content, instead of just consumers.
This creative writing club provides an opportunity for children to explore different techniques of writing fiction and non-fiction. The children will:
- Improve their creativity and imagination through writing exercises and prompts
- Improve their language and vocabulary
- Experiment with new ideas through free writing
- Improve their spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Enjoy writing based on child-friendly themes
- Learn what elements make a good story and how to weave them together
- Gain an awareness and appreciation of different writing styles
- Learn how to read, discuss and give feedback on each other’s work
Venue: Edgewood College, Kayode Otitoju Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Time: Every Saturday 7 – 9 year olds from 9.30am to 11.30am
. 10 – 12 year olds from 11.30am to 1.30pm
Fee: N8,000 per Session or N30,000 per month
Tutor: Tolulope Popoola – Writing Coach and Publisher @ Accomplish Press www.accomplishpress.com
Tel: 0809 111 3678
To register, please fill out the form below, and we’ll be in touch with you. If you have any questions, please get in touch, and we’ll be happy to discuss with you!