Are you ready to conquer your obstacles, and accomplish your writing goals?
“Aspiring to Actual Author” is a coaching programme for non-fiction writers. In as little as 8 weeks, I’ll help you with the clarity and support you need to write your book, so that you can boost your credibility, elevate your status, and attract new opportunities.
You know you want to write a book. You have many interesting ideas to share with the world. You’re always full of imaginative stories in your head, and you long to put them down on paper. You have a message to share, and putting it down in a book will help you spread it. It’s always been your desire and dream to become a published author.
You know that writing a book will boost your credibility and your income. It can open more doors for you, such as new clients, speaking opportunities, or even a new career path.
Lately, you’ve been thinking about it. Maybe you’ve even written down a few thoughts and ideas. But – you’re not sure how to proceed. You’re feeling overwhelmed with the process. You’re wondering if you can write something that other people will want to read. You’re struggling with self-doubts and the fear of failure. You’re not sure if you can write a short article, much less a whole book. You’re very busy and you can’t seem to find the time. Sometimes, writing feels so daunting, that you bury the thoughts and procrastinate on achieving your dream.
If this sounds like you, don’t worry you’re not alone! Many aspiring authors feel this way too. A lot of people want to write a book and share their knowledge, but they feel like they don’t have the right support, the right information and the right accountability to move them forward.
What if I told you….?
- instead of confusion, you can actually start writing your book with confidence?
- writing your book doesn’t have to take years of trial and error?
- you can have focused writing sessions, so that you make progress, even if you only had a few hours a week?
- you can beat procrastination and the temptation to avoid writing because it’s hard?
- you can overcome self-doubt and fear of criticism?
- you can say goodbye to writer’s block and hello to everyday inspiration?
Does that sound interesting to you?
That’s why I’m here. With this Aspiring to Actual Author programme, I can help you get clarity on your writing goals, give you the right support, feedback and encouragement, so that you can finish writing your book, publish it and share it with your audience.
Who am I?
Hi! My name is Tolulope Popoola and I’m a Writing Coach and Publishing Consultant at Accomplish Press. I help aspiring authors to overcome their obstacles, clear their doubts and reconnect with their creative side, so that they can finally write and publish the book within them! I also help with structuring and publishing manuscripts after they’re done. I’ve been writing since I can remember, from when I was a little girl, about six years old. But when I left school and went off to university, I went down the path of Accounting and Finance in my career. One day in the middle of studying for professional accounting exams, I realised I was miserable! I wasn’t making use of my creative skills and doing the things I was passionate about. In 2006, I discovered blogging and my creativity and interest in writing was rekindled! From then on, I started writing short stories and flash fiction, and learning everything I could about the writing and publishing industry. I made mistakes and learned from them, until finally, in 2008 I quit my job as an accountant to become a full-time writer.
In 2009, I wrote my first novel (which was never published). In 2011, I finished working on my second novel titled Nothing Comes Close. I tried to get it published traditionally, but I faced rejection from mainstream publishers. Not because my work was bad, but because they thought it was “ethnic fiction” and therefore wasn’t commercially viable. So I decided to do things my own way, and I founded Accomplish Press. I published my novel successfully in 2012, and it got good reviews so I’m sure I did something right. In addition, I’ve recently published two collections of flash fiction stories; Fertile Imagination and Looking For Something. My writing has opened many doors for me that I never imagined, including my stories being turned into short films, speaking engagements, judging writing competitions, invited to feature in magazines and podcasts, and so much more. I’m now on a mission to help other writers like you to write and publish their own books and make their dreams come true too.
I know what it’s like to struggle with writing ideas and not know how to put them together. I used to lie awake at night, wishing I had a magic wand that would just magically transfer the stories in my head onto paper and publish them!
But I didn’t stay there and continue to dream. I decided that I had to take action to achieve my dreams. It wasn’t easy, I made mistakes, but I started to learn. And with the right support, you can accomplish your writing goals too.
If you don’t take action now, where would you be in a year’s time? Still struggling? ….. Still dealing with doubts and confusion?….. Still procrastinating?….. Still feeling unfulfilled because you’re not expressing your creative talents?….. Still burying your potential?….. Still depriving the world of your unique contribution?….. Still feeling jealous of other people who write their own books and get published?….. Still vaguely wishing, “I want to write my book someday.”? ….. Still missing out on all the potential benefits of writing a book – such as the respect of family and friends, feedback from readers who absolutely connected to your story, book sales, recognition and other doors your writing will open for you, like films and speaking opportunities….
You’ll never know what could happen, unless you take action!
This “Aspiring to Actual Author” Programme is for you if:
– you are an aspiring author who wants to start taking writing seriously
– you are tired of feeling overwhelmed with the writing process
– you are tired of procrastinating with your writing goals
– you are ready to be inspired and confident enough to overcome any challenges
– you are motivated to put the required effort into working on your craft
– you will cut out some of the distractions in your life, to achieve your writing goals
– you are keen to share your unique ideas and writing talents with the world
– you are ready to receive the help and advice you need to achieve your goals
– you are ready to take the first step to becoming a successful author
– you are no longer in the excuses zone – you will do this!
The key aspect of this one-to-one coaching is support and accountability. If you’re trying to write on your own, there will be days when you get discouraged, overwhelmed or tempted to quit. Sometimes, you may get distracted, start making excuses and slack off. And chances are, the longer you slack off, the harder it is to pick up from where you left off.
If however, you sign up for coaching with me, you’ll get lessons and tips to move you forward. You’ll get feedback on the progress that you’ve made so far, and encouraging ideas to help you move past your doubts. You’ll get writing prompts and exercises to keep your words flowing and break through writer’s block. You’ll get advice to help you discover your own writing voice and potential. You’ll get support and helpful weekly targets to help you stay on track. By the end of our coaching time, you’ll realise that you were able to do achieve your writing goals and not only that, you actually enjoyed writing!
As your writing coach, I will help you:
- Get clear about your goals – why you want to write, who you want to reach and how to achieve those goals.
- To develop a plan for success, so that you reach those goals.
- To create a system for: taking action each week, having accountability to support your success, addressing any challenges you’re having in meeting your goals and overcoming any roadblocks to achievement.
- To learn from “mistakes” and turning them into opportunities
- Assess your progress and make any necessary changes to your plan.
- Provide feedback on your writing.
- Help you with expanding your author platform.
- Overcome creativity blocks
- Manage your time effectively and find the time to write and get published
- Make the process easier, more fun and more effective.
Here’s what you’ll get from the “Aspiring to Actual Author” coaching:
- 2 weekly private Skype coaching sessions with me
- Worksheets and guidance notes
- Weekly assignments to keep you focused and moving forward
- Accountability and support every step of the way
- Unlimited email communication with me
- Weekly reviews of your work-in progress
- Feedback to help you improve your work
- Advice about publishing – whether you want to publish traditionally or do it yourself
- Bonus: My private Facebook group where you can connect with other awesome writers
What my clients say:
“I signed up for 8-Week One to One coaching sessions with Tolulope Popoola towards the end of 2015. It was the right thing to motivate me to get writing in the new year. The sessions were always on time and professional with practical tips to help my writing. I recommend coaching sessions with Tolulope to any writer who needs motivation and expertise for their writing.” ~ Sabine Adeyinka, Coaching Client
8-Week One to One Aspiring Writer Coaching – $2999
Instalment options are available for this coaching package.
You can either make two payments of $1599 or three payments of $1199. If you require a separate arrangement, please contact us and we would be happy to help you.
Everyone knows that you can read books to gain information, or you can attend lectures, or you can try to do it yourself, but there’s no substitute to a living, breathing mentor and coach working with you to achieve your goals.
Sign up now and get personal one-to-one support to help you accomplish your writing goals this year.
Not yet sure? Have more questions?
If you would like to speak to me, please schedule a complimentary 15-minute discovery session to discuss any questions you may have about my one-to-one coaching for writers and I will be happy to discuss your ideas with you. Or, send an email to coaching @ accomplishpress.com and we will get back to you within 48 hours. Thank you.